Last Updated on
Staying active is very essential for your kids. However, in this modern era full of Smartphones, tablets, videogames and other gaming consoles, it’s often easier said than done. Thankfully, with the best laser tag guns at the disposal, your kids are offered a smart alternative that can destruct them from the digital media exposure to enjoy this fun and entertaining game.
One exciting thing about laser tag guns is how carefully they’ve been extracted from the modern video games to give cardio exercises first priority as kids will not have to sit on the couches anymore to enjoy the beauty of the game.
However, with all the exciting and addictive features of laser gun games, most parents are facing complex challenges choosing the right guns for their kids due to the vast range of sophisticated options that are available. Thankfully, following careful examination of some of the top-ranked laser guns in the market, we’ve managed to compose a list of 15 laser tag blasters that will make a difference for you and your curious kids.
- Top 10 Best Laser Tag Guns Reviews:
- 1. ArmoGear Infrared Laser Tag Blasters and Vest
- 2. USA Toyz Laser Tag Toy Guns for Boys and Girls
- 3. Kidzlane Infrared Laser Tag: Game Mega Pack
- 4. DYNASTY TOYS Family Laser Tag Set – 4 Laser Tag Blasters
- 5. Kidpal Infrared Laser Tag
- 6. TINOTEEN Laser Tag Guns Set with Vests
- 7. VATOS Infrared Laser Tag Gun Set for Kids Adults
- 8. Nerf Official: Lazer Tag Phoenix LTX Tagger 2-pack
- 9. LUKAT Laser Tag Guns
- 10. HISTOYE Large Laser Tag Sets with Gun and Vest
- 11. MESIXI Infrared Laser Tag Guns Set
- 12. Best Choice Products Infrared Laser Tag Blaster Set
- 13. JOYMOR Laser Tag Guns Set of 4 Tag Blasters
- 14. Liberty Imports Infrared Laser Tag 4 Players Game Set for Kids
- 15. Laser X 88016 Two Player Laser Gaming Set
- Laser Tag Guns—Buyer’s Guide
- Benefits of Laser Tag Guns
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Top 10 Best Laser Tag Guns Reviews:
1. ArmoGear Infrared Laser Tag Blasters and Vest
The ArmoGear Infrared Laser Tag Blasters have managed to combine the traditional and the modern gaming experience to give your kids something they can’t afford to shy away from. While the earlier models featured integrated sensors on the vests, this model has gone beyond this by adding the sensors on the blasters meaning both (the vest and the guns) have the ability to receive hits.
The ArmoGear Infrared Laser Tag Blaster set is a multi-player, multi-ammo model that offers four ergonomic blasters and vests for easy playability by up to four teams.
These blasters have a decent shooting range of 150 ft that’s perfect for kids, teens and adults looking to enjoy this game in the backyard or within the estate. To make your gaming experience even more fun-filled, these laser tag guns set offers a perfect grip that lets you switch between the different ammunition modes from pistol, shotgun, machine gun, to rocket launcher.
Those who enjoy battling their enemies in the dark are not left out either. That’s because this shooting game has an LED flashlight for night vision playability that lets you locate your enemies in the dark.
The ArmoGear Infrared Laser Tag Blaster set is safe for kids from the age of 8 years. This is all thanks to its low Infrared signal emission that ranges at 0.9mW. Customers are also offered a 100% satisfaction guarantee in case you’re not satisfied with the product.
- Shooting range of 150 ft
- 3 AAA batteries
- LED lights for night vision playability
- Infrared emission of 0.9 mW
- 4 blasters and 4 vests
- Gives you easy access to a variety of ammunition modes
- It has real shooting sounds and vibrations when hit
- The game is high-quality and lasts longer
- Unfortunately, the 3 AAA batteries are not included in the packages
- The gun records a hit even when you’re facing on the opposite direction
2. USA Toyz Laser Tag Toy Guns for Boys and Girls
USA Toyz is among the leading brands that manufacturers some of the best blasters that makes your moment thrilled and memorable. Their latest blaster, the USA Toyz Laser Tag Toy Gun Set, has just cemented this fact.
Unlike our previous blaster, this one has totally abandoned the traditional vests and has instead added the sensors on the blasters to improve mobility. There are four guns to share amongst your teammates. Each blaster has a life meter, a team selector, a weapon selector, and a grip reload for improved playability.
Each player has nine lives to fight for and three notification lights that alert you when your life level is low. You can easily and conveniently select any of your preferred weapon from the available selection ranging from pistol, shotgun, submachine gun to rocket launcher.
To make your game more realistic, you can take advantage of the sound fx, the vibrations and the LED lighting that simulate real bullets being fired. There are four colored guns to choose from with each running on 4 AA batteries.
- Shooting range of 130 ft
- 4 blasters
- Powered by 4AA batteries
- Infrared emission of 1mW
- 4 firing modes: Pistol, submachine gun, short gun and rocket launcher
- Doesn’t include bulky vests
- They meet the highest safety standards
- The 4 AA batteries offer more hours of playtime
- The blasters are very easy to master
- Some of the guns might fail to work right out of the box
3. Kidzlane Infrared Laser Tag: Game Mega Pack
The Kidzlane Infrared Laser Tag Blaster is another indoor, outdoor game that offers your kids a fun way of passing time. Just like our previous two blasters, this one too has all the necessary features that offer a dynamic gaming experience.
First and foremost, this game comes with four action guns that can be shared amongst your teammates. Each blaster has a different color and different lighting mode that will help you select your team (Red, Blue, Green, and White).
To give you a fascinating fun battle experience, Kidzlane has opted to add the sensors on the blasters instead of using bulky vests. With this approach, your kids will enjoy easy mobility that will let them run, turn, crawl and maneuver easily when playing.
When it comes to picking your ammo, your kids will have access to an array of weaponry that includes; pistol, rocket launcher, shotgun, and submachine gun. Once you’ve selected your favorite shooting mode, you can immerse yourself into the game to experience real-life shooting battles that are characterized by laser blaster lights, booming sounds and vibrations.
Each player is offered 9 lives to protect that are indicated on the glowing life bar on the side of your blaster. The Kidzlane Infrared Laser Tag Blaster has been tested and certified as safe for kids thanks to the low Infrared emission of 0.9mW. The game also offers a decent shooting range of 130 ft, which is perfect for kids looking to enjoy the beauty of the game in the outdoors.
- 4 colored guns
- Shooting range of 130 ft
- Infrared emission of 0.9mW
- 4 gun settings
- 4 AA batteries on each gun
- Players will enjoy three sounds, the vibrations and the LED lights when playing
- Choosing your favorite weapon from an array of weaponry is quite easy
- There are 9 lives to fight for throughout the game
- It has a low Infrared emission that’s very safe for kids
- Some customers complain that some buttons are unlabeled making it hard to distinguish
- The guns are quite inaccurate. They can register hits even when you’re not pointing on your enemy
- These blasters are not sturdy enough to endure rough use
4. DYNASTY TOYS Family Laser Tag Set – 4 Laser Tag Blasters
DYNASTY TOYS has truly made a name in the laser guns business by releasing the DYNASTY TOYS Family Laser Tag Set. What’s impressive about this game is the fact that DYNASTY TOYS has managed to take laser gaming to the next level by adding a few features that make it more entertaining.
One of these features is a relentless fun robot bug that crawls around your floor waiting to be spotted and shot. What your kids will love most is how the bug flips on the floor when hit before waking up and crawling back again two minutes later.
As a 2019 special edition, the DYNASTY TOYS Family Laser Tag Set doesn’t have any vests. Instead, all the features are jam-packed on the blaster itself such as the sensors, the power source, life indicator, team color indicator, and two buttons to choose your team color and switch weapons.
Just like the rest of the blaster models we’ve reviewed so far, this one too offers you 4 colored blasters (though transparent) that are shared amongst the team members. They have a shooting range of 120 ft and they’re tested and approved for kids use thanks to the low Infrared emission of below 1mW.
- Lightweight: 3.35 pounds
- The package offers 4 transparent guns
- Low Infrared emissions of below 1mW
- Dedicated robotic bug
- It has a bug hunt game that’s really fun
- The sounds, lights, and the vibrations add some realism to the game
- It has improved accuracy
- The blasters are certified to be safe for kids
- The sounds are quite loud
- The sensors are too sensitive and can register hits even when you’ve taken cover
- They drain batteries quite fast
5. Kidpal Infrared Laser Tag
The Kidpal Infrared Laser Tag is another game that offers your kids myriad reasons to step away from the computer. The game offers you four colored guns and vests that are shared amongst team members as they get ready to battle their enemies.
These blasters are usable both indoors and outdoors without causing any interference. They have sleek dimensions that make them easier for both adults and kids to handle without feeling overwhelmed.
We all know how kids get bored faster or don’t we? So, to guarantee them hours of game playing fun, Kidpal has added four weaponry alternatives (pistol, shotgun, machine gun and rocket launcher) that can be alternated depending on the specific scenario. What’s, even more, is that there are shooting sounds, lights and vibrations that turn on whenever you pull the trigger to make the game more realistic.
Also, you won’t have to be afraid of the dark as these blasters have dedicated flashing lights that allow you to easily locate your enemy in thick darkness. The blasters use 4 AA batteries while the vests run on 3 AA batteries meaning you’ll have to invest in the right batteries that can withstand heavy-duty use.
In the safety department, the Kidpal Infrared Laser Tag is carefully tested and certified for safety thus making it a safe option for kids of all ages.
- Shooting range of about 130 ft
- 4 guns and 4 vests
- 4 AA batteries on the gun and 3 AA on the vest
- Infrared emission below 1mW
- 4 weaponry modes to choose from: Pistol/Shotgun/Machine gun/Rocket launcher
- Made of non-toxic ABS-plastic
- Offers your kids four weaponry options that can be alternated easily
- The lights, vibrations, and sound effects make the game more realistic
- It’s too costly to maintain the batteries. You have to purchase the batteries (both for the guns and for the vests) separately
- The guns are cheaply made making them susceptible to damage
6. TINOTEEN Laser Tag Guns Set with Vests
Another well-reviewed laser tag guns set that has made a name in this industry is none other than the TINOTEEN Laser Tag Guns Set. The package comes with 4 guns and 4 vests with different color shades for easy identification.
These blasters are designed with a safe plastic material that doesn’t pose any health danger to your kids. The infrared emission is on its recommended levels of 0.9mW makes these blasters the best for kids of all ages.
What’s more, these blasters are great for both boys and girls making them the best for homes with a mix of boys and girls. Weapon selection is another feature that’s very to get by as you only need to activate a switch to choose your favorite weapon from an option of four.
TheTINOTEEN Laser Tag Guns Set is a smart laser gun set that serves as a perfect birthday and Christmas gift for your kids.
- 4 guns and 4 vests
- Instruction manual
- Infrared emission of 0.9mW
- Shooting range of 150 ft
- Made from environmentally safe materials
- These blasters have a wide shooting range of 150 ft
- The blasters are 100% safe for kids
- Offers a chance to choose your favorite weapon from 4 different options
- Ergonomically designed for easy handling
- Some customers complain that it’s quite difficult to activate the blasters and the vests
- Sometimes the guns are prone to malfunctioning
7. VATOS Infrared Laser Tag Gun Set for Kids Adults
The VATOS Infrared Laser Tag Guns Set is another laser tag game you can count on if you’re looking to play exciting games with friends and family. Comparing it with other models, this game has tabled a set of more innovative features that will help your kids engaged and entertained for long hours.
The game offers an additional human voice prompt, an anti-cheating option and more lives at your disposal to make the game more realistic hence enjoyable. The package has 4 guns and vests with different color shades and a simple option to choose your favorite weapon.
To the safety department, the VATOS Infrared Laser Tag Guns Set is 100% safe for use by kids of all ages. The blasters have a very low infrared emission of below 1mW and a decent shooting range of 100 ft making it a perfect choice for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Low infrared emission of below 1mW
- A shooting range of 100 ft
- The package has 4 guns and 4 vests
- Powered by 3 AA batteries
- Suitable for kids 6 years and above
- The blasters are made from safe abs plastic
- There are 4 firing modes to choose from
- They offer a wide shooting distance of 100 ft
- Lots of innovative features to explore
- They’re susceptible to damage especially when mishandled
- The guns are quite inaccurate
8. Nerf Official: Lazer Tag Phoenix LTX Tagger 2-pack
The Phoenix LTX Laser Tag Blasters are among those blasters that have come to take the laser gun business to the next level. Although it’s a budget blaster, this game has advanced features that are only present in those costlier models.
When you open the pack, you’ll be welcomed by two blasters—one Blue and the other Golden. Although they’re designed for 2 players only, NERF has compensated their fans by making these blasters compatible with other taggers to allow more than 2 players to enjoy the game.
Want to enjoy epic matchups outside the house? Well, the Phoenix LTX Laser Tag Blasters have an activation switch that lets you enjoy outdoor matchups by increasing the intensity of the infrared lights, the sounds, and the vibrations to give you unlimited fun.
In addition to that, these recoil laser tag blasters are open to customization where you can easily add or lower the number of lives to give both professionals and armatures a chance to enjoy this unlimited fun. With a weight of 2.9 pounds, these blasters are some of the lightest in the market making them the best for kids and adults.
- Weighs 2.9 pounds
- Package has 2 colored blasters
- 300 ft shooting range
- Shield activator
- Lights, vibrations, and sound effects
- The number of lives can easily be customized to accommodate players will all skill levels
- Has a shield indicator that makes you invisible for 10 seconds
- It has an impressive shooting range of 300 ft
- There are only 2 blasters
- The guns are prone to malfunctioning
9. LUKAT Laser Tag Guns
The Englishman once said that“Work without play makes Jack a dull boy”. Now, one way your kids can spend their recreational time effectively is by gifting them with the LUKAT Laser Tag Guns. Perfectly suited for both indoor and outdoor conditions, these blasters are some of the best to consider if you’re looking to keep your kids off the TV and computer games.
When you open the pack, you’ll find four colored blasters and vests which you can distribute among the participants. When it comes to gaming, everything looks pretty much the same as you’ll only have to select your weapons from pistol, shotgun, machine gun to rocket launcher.
Additionally, a variety of realistic features has been added to make battles more interesting. One of those is the resurrection feature that lets you restore life to your teammates when their lives get consumed.
There’s an increase life value feature that lets you increase your life and finally, there’s an activation and anti-cheating feature that prevents you from using any short cuts when the game is in progress.
Anything more? Oh, Yes! The LUKAT Laser Tug Guns are 100% safe for use by kids of all ages. They’re made from environmentally safe materials with child-safe Infrared emissions of 0.9mW.
- Includes 4 guns and 4 vests
- Has a shooting range of 130 t
- Recommended age from 6+ years
- Weighs 3.7 pounds
- Made from environmentally safe materials
- Emits child-safe infrared light of 0.9mW
- Incredible lighting and sound effects
- Lots of features to utilize
- The guns are unable to endure rough use by kids
- The guns are quite difficult to sync
10. HISTOYE Large Laser Tag Sets with Gun and Vest
The HISTOYE Large Laser Tag Sets offers you two sets of guns and vests, which you can distribute amongst team members. With a weight of just 4.55 pounds, these blasters are very easy to handle by kids with ages ranging from 3 years to over 12 years.
To surprise your kids and get to the action, each blaster has an easy switch mode that lets your kids switch between the weapons ranging from pistol, shotgun, machine gun to rocket launchers. For multiplayer gaming mode, players can switch between team colors ranging from Blue, Red, Green, to White.
Similar to most blasters we’ve already reviewed, the HISTOYE Large Laser Tag Sets is 100% tested and approved by CPSC to be safe for kids. These laser blasters have very low Infrared emissions of below 1mW making them one of the safest models in the market.
For kids looking to enjoy the game in the outdoors, these blasters offer a decent shooting range of 130 ft. There’s a brilliant undetectable mode in these blasters that makes you invisible by simply turning off the laser light in the dark. You can use the night mode to spot your rivals and organize your strategy as you prepare for a merciless war.
- 4 guns and 4 vests
- A screwdriver and an instruction manual
- 4 AA batteries for the gun and 3AA for the vest
- CSPC lab tested and approved
- Shooting distance of 130 ft
- Decent shooting range of 130 ft
- Easy to switch between the weapons
- Offer a longer playing duration of over 2 hours
- Strong sense of vibrations, sounds and lights for an exciting gaming experience
- Low Infrared emissions of below 1mW make the game safe for kids
- These blasters are susceptible to damage especially after rough use by kids
11. MESIXI Infrared Laser Tag Guns Set
The MESIXI Infrared Laser Tag Guns Set is among those blasters that have successfully managed to offer kids the type of gaming experience they’ve been yearning for. The package offers two pairs of colored guns and vests to use during exciting battles. Other than the guns and the vests, this game has gone beyond the limits to offer players protective glasses and tactical masks to make the game even more exciting.
Now, other than just spicing up the game, these glasses serve as protective gear to protect your kids’ eyes from the harmful Infrared lights. The MESIXI Infrared Laser Tag Guns Set offers your kids an excellent multi-player capability that lets you choose your preferred team colors to easily identify your teammates from your enemies.
As if it’s not enough, this game allows you to select your favorite weapon from a range of weaponry ranging from a pistol, machine gun, shotgun to the rocket launcher. Each weapon has a specific number of bullets and lives when fired meaning you have to strategize your gameplay well to stay safe.
This game is playable both indoors and outdoors and it comes with extra features such as flashing lights, vibrations and sounds that work together to improve your gaming experience. Both the blasters and the vests are battery-powered (3 AA batteries on both) meaning you have to prepare for a hefty investment since you’ll have to purchase the batteries separately.
- Intended for kids aged 8 years and above
- CPSC lab tested and approved as safe for kids
- Powered by 3AA batteries both on the blasters and the vests
- Offers 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Package offers 2 pairs of guns, vests, protective glasses and tactical masks
- At 3.7 pounds, these guns are light and very easy to operate
- The sounds, lights and the vibrations make the game more lively and entertaining
- Players have an easy time switching between the various weapons
- These blasters are safe for kids
- These guns are quite inconsistent with accuracy
- The sounds are quite loud and there’s no way to switch them off
12. Best Choice Products Infrared Laser Tag Blaster Set
The Best Choice Products Infrared Laser Tag Blaster Set is a premium-quality laser tag set that gives your kids hours of uninterrupted gameplay without feeling bored. Having studied how kids enjoy new experiences, Best Choice Products have managed to jam-pack these blasters with multiple features that will improve your kids’ gaming experience.
First off, these blasters are lightweight (2.09 lbs) and very compact making them easier to handle by kids of all ages (from 3 years). Secondly, these blasters have exclusive features that include; life indicators, team selection, light effects, blaster modes, and reload button at the bottom.
Quite different from traditional blasters, the Best Choice Products Infrared Laser Tag Blaster Set has ditched the traditional vests and has instead modernized the blasters by adding sensors to let them track and register hits.
The shooting range is quite decent as it allows long-range shooting of up to 130 ft. There are 3 life indicators that give you an explicit view of the 9 lives where one light is equal to 3 lives. These blasters are made of plastic and are safe for kids of all ages.
- Recommended age of 3+ years
- Each blaster is powered by 4 AA batteries
- Each gun has a weight of 2.09 lbs
- Shooting range of 130 ft
- 4 blaster settings to choose from
- The LED lights, the vibrations, and the sounds all add fun to these blasters
- There are 4 weapons to choose from
- The instruction manual makes it easy to use these blasters
- In some cases, one among the four guns fails to work
- The guns consume the batteries pretty fast
13. JOYMOR Laser Tag Guns Set of 4 Tag Blasters
If you’re looking for a fun way of enjoying a family reunion, then you might need to consider purchasing the JOYMOR Laser Tag Guns Set. Lab-tested and certified to be safe for kids of all ages, parents will not need to hesitate to gift these blasters to their kids as birthday gifts.
Right out of the box, you’ll find four blasters with different color shades. There are no vests in the package so you’ll have to capitalize on the guns to fight with the enemy and clinch to the top. These blasters have very low Infrared emissions of below 1mW meaning they’re safe for kids of all ages.
The JOYMOR Laser Tag Guns Set allows both single and multiplayer options up to four teams. Players will have the option to choose their favorite weapon from the options available (pistol, shotgun, machine gun, and rocket). Each weapon has its own unique sound when fired making the game even more realistic.
Whether you’re a kid, a teenager or an adult, the JOYMOR Laser Tag Guns Set has all the charming features that will keep you engaged throughout a boring afternoon.
- 4 blasters to choose from
- Low Infrared emissions of 0.9mW
- 100% customer satisfaction
- Each gun is powered by 4 AA batteries
- 9 lives to take care of
- Ergonomically designed for easy handling
- Has met all the safety standards
- Offer a much wider gaming experience
- 4 gun settings to choose from
- These blasters are susceptible to damage especially when mishandled by kids
14. Liberty Imports Infrared Laser Tag 4 Players Game Set for Kids
Liberty Imports have managed to cement their positing in the laser gun business by releasing the Liberty Imports Infrared Laser Tag Set. These blasters are safe for kids of all ages as they’ve already been lab-tested to emit very low Infrared emissions of 0.496mW.
There are four colored blasters right out of the box with each offering a set of impressive key features. These blasters are ergonomically designed making them very easy to handle.
Similar to most modern blasters, the Liberty Imports Infrared Laser Tag Set has also ditched the traditional vests to add the sensors on the blasters instead. This route comes with two major advantages. One, your kid will not have to wear those disturbing vests when running around. Secondly, parents are relieved of the cost of purchasing extra batteries, which is often expensive.
There are only 3 AA batteries for each blaster making it a total of 16 if you consider the whole pack. These blasters have a wide shooting range of 132 ft allowing kids to attack their enemies from a long striking distance. Kids will also enjoy selecting their teams and engaging in multiplayer modes by alliancing with multiple friends.
- The package has 4 blasters
- Each blaster run on 3 AA batteries
- Has low Infrared emission of 0.496mW
- Striking distance of 132 ft
- 4 gun settings
- Long shooting range of 132 ft
- Very easy to switch between the modes
- Infrared emissions are very low for your kids’ safety
- Allows your kids to engage in cardio workouts
- These blasters are not accurate. They sometimes record hits even when you’re pointing the opposite direction
- Some customers complain they’re extremely loud
15. Laser X 88016 Two Player Laser Gaming Set
Finally, in this review, we have the Laser X 88016 Player Laser Gaming Set. Unlike the rest of the blasters we’ve reviewed, this one is the most classic that features two blasters that are quite unique from the rest.
Although there are only two blasters with their respective vests in the package, players will have the option to synchronize additional blasters, from the same manufacturer, to enjoy a fun multi-player mode.
These blasters are suited for kids 6 years old and above and are perfect for both indoor and outdoor use. As one of the best laser tag guns in the market, the Laser X guns set are accurate and have a decent shooting range of 200 ft. Players will enjoy the various gun sound effects, vibrations and lights whenever they shoot and hit their opponents.
These blasters are imported and are designed to run on six AAA batteries making them one of the most powerful blasters in the market today.
- Shooting range of over 200 ft
- Recommended age from 6 years
- Powered by 6 AAA batteries
- Package has 2 guns and vests
- Option to plug in headphones
- These guns have a wide shooting range of 200 ft
- You can plug in your headphones to enjoy the cool sound effects
- The blasters are ergonomically designed
- Allows multi-play by pairing with similar blasters
- Some customers have complained that these blasters sometimes fail to register hits
Laser Tag Guns—Buyer’s Guide
If you thought that the best laser tag guns were meant for kids alone, then you’re wrong. That’s because there’s more to these laser gun equipment than you previously thought that makes them a great choice for teens and adults alike.
Unlike most projectile games such as airsoft and paintball, this one is the only one that doesn’t release physical projectiles. This way, your kids are guaranteed maximum safety from any risks of injuries.
Now, when choosing a laser tag gun, there are those factors you’ll need to consider to ensure that you make an informed decision. In this section, we’ve compiled a list of those key factors you’ll need to consider.
The durability of a laser tag gun is usually linked to a variety of factors. First, there’s the age of the user and second, there’s the quality. When you look at the age, you should look for a quality gun that’s able to withstand the heavy knocks and rough handling by kids. It should be made of high-quality materials that have been rigorously inspected for any defective parts.
2. Number of Blasters:
This is another key factor you must consider when choosing a laser gun. Will your kid be playing solo matches or will you tag him/her with other players to create a more entertaining gaming experience?
If you select a package with more sets, the game will be multiplayer capable of allowing you to set two, four, six or even more players. By doing this, you can enjoy playing larger battles with friends and family.
3. Shooting Modes:
The best laser tag blasters should offer your kids unlimited fun whether they’re looking to play outdoors or indoors. Looking at the products we just reviewed above, you’ll notice that most of them have at least four shooting modes that can be alternated from a pistol, shotgun, machinegun to rocket.
Each of these modes has varying lives and shot impacts that can be alternated depending on the specific playing scenario.
Still, on the shooting mode, pay attention to the laser range as this too can make a difference. If your kids are looking to enjoy the game outdoors, the guns should have a decent range of approximately 120ft to make the game easier to play with multiple players.
4. Power Source:
This is another factor you need to think of when choosing a laser gun. However, since these guns are portable, it generally means that they’re battery powered. If that’s the case, then you need to look for the best batteries that offer longer battery life.
You also need to shop for batteries that recharge faster as well as those batteries that are readily available in case you need to replace them. You see, if the gun is being handled by an adult, then there’s no misuse of power. This is quite the contrary when it comes to kids as they misuse the power due to repeated shooting without aiming.
5. Ease of Usage:
When it comes to ease of use, you need to choose a set with or without the vests. Now, some versions of these guns come with vests which were one size fits all. This makes it very uncomfortable for young kids who can’t handle both the gun and the bulky vests when playing.
However, newer versions have come to tackle this problem by including the sensor to the guns to enhance mobility and allow quicker movement of the players.
6. Sounds and Effects:
Just like in video games, sounds and effects really heighten the game making you fully immersed in the game. The lights and the shooting vibrations are inspiring too as they keep you well updated on how you’re doing so far.
Most blasters today have LED lighting that notifies you how much shooting life you’ve got. At least this way, you can plan ahead by switching the gun to low light conditions to save on power. Some models even offer music and sound coaching to help kids along when they’re learning how to play.
Although these are harmless toys, your child’s safety is one key factor that must be prioritized whatsoever. As you all know, laser blasters work by releasing infrared signals that are harmful to your child’s eyes.
Additionally, these blasters are made of plastic that needs to undergo vigorous tests to attest that it’s 100% non-toxic and safe for kids.
The blaster shouldn’t be cumbersome for your kid to handle and should offer a better grip irrespective of your kid’s size and age.
8. Additional Features:
Finally, once you’ve landed on a perfect blaster, examine it carefully for any additional features that might be of interest to your kid. Some models, such as the ones we’ve mentioned in the review section, offer longer striking distances, voice-guiding features, night vision flashlights, and roving robots that make the game more entertaining.
Benefits of Laser Tag Guns
There are many benefits of considering laser tag games for your kids. One huge benefit is that it diverts them towards the outdoor route where they’re distracted from media entertainment such as watching movies, playing video games and surfing.
Unlike airsoft and paintballs games, laser guns are much safer as they don’t release any physical projectiles that can injure your kids. So, if you’re looking to gift your kid with a laser gun, here are some benefits of these blasters you need to be aware of.
1. Good for Cardio Exercises:
It’s worrying how your kids sit back on the computer for long hours without exercising. According to most experts, kids should spend at least one-hour doing cardio exercises. Thankfully, with laser guns, this can be made possible in a gentle and friendly way as your kid will need to run, crouch, dodge, and search for their enemies when playing.
By doing this, your child will be doing cardio exercises that will help to improve his/her health immensely.
2. It’s a Safe Alternative:
We’ve mentioned this so many times already. However, we can’t afford to ignore it as it’s the main reason (alongside entertainment) why you’re shopping for the blasters.
Unlike similar games (such as paintball and airsoft), this game offers the safest playing option that doesn’t put your kid at any risk.
Videogames are great on one side. However, if you consider the type of risks they pose to your kids’ health, not forgetting sitting down all day, you’ll find that it’s quite risky and definitely not the best.
3. Offers Both Indoor and Outdoor Playability:
Laser gun games can be played both indoors and outdoors. Some parents consider it safer when their kids are indoors. However, following the rising popularity of this game, huge cities have dedicated specific places to serve as playgrounds for kids to enjoy unlimited playability.
4. Improves Teamwork:
Laser tag games are quite complex. What makes them different is how they mold your kids to become better team leaders with great problem-solving capabilities. Your kid develops a positive mindset with great problem-solving skills.
What’s more, is that your kid learns how to coordinate with his/her teammates while putting the needs of others ahead of his/hers. Creativity and strategic thinking are something else your kid develops which is very beneficial throughout his/her developmental stages.
5. Increases Your Kid’s Circle of Friends:
Lastly, playing laser tag games means that your kid can tag with other players to play. While you might be enemies during the game, a solid relationship is developed outside the game giving your kid a platform to socialize with other kids.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is a Laser Tag?
A laser tag is a tactical game that allows players to wear vests and use their guns to shoot their enemies. The guns are called the blasters and are designed to emit Infrared beams that help to record hits whenever you shoot your enemy.
Next to the blasters, there are vests, which are intended to be worn by each player. The vests have receivers that record the hits and player’s tagging activities throughout the game.
The blasters are the ones that house all the necessary features of the game such as the speaker for sound effects, team selection switch, weapon activation switch, flashing light, and team indicator light. Models that have ditched the vests usually opt to add the receiver on the blasters to record hits.
Q2: Is the Laser Tag Game Safe?
Well, the simple answer is Yes. This game is indeed safe and in fact, it’s much safer as compared to other tactical games such as paintball. While most of these tactical games release real projectiles, laser games release Infrared emission that vibrates your vests or blasters when you’re hit or shot.
The Infrared emissions released by these blasters are very low at 1 milliwatt. In fact, this Infrared is similar to that emitted by TV remotes meaning its safe and doesn’t pose any potential health risk to your kids.
Q3: Where Can I Play Laser Tag?
Laser tag games are quite versatile meaning both kids and adults can enjoy playing this game almost anywhere. However, to enjoy this game to its limit, players are recommended to play in areas with plenty of space as you’ll have to run, just, slide and sometimes dive to prevent being hit.
During the day, it’s best to play the game indoors as playing it outside on direct sunshine will limit the shooting range of the infrared emission. However, playing this game in the evening or in partial darkness will allow you to explore more of its features.
Q4: How Long is the Laser Tag Game?
In most cases, laser tag games last anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes. However, there’s more besides playing the game. There’s the briefing time, scoreboard distribution and suiting time. So, if you happen to add all the total lengths of time from the instruction section, playing the game, to scoreboard readings, then the game might take anywhere from 40 to 50 minutes.
Q5: How Do I Play and Win the Laser Tag?
Playing the laser tag game is not hard at all. You start by preparing yourself simply by wearing your vest and readying your blaster/riffle. Next, foam the teams, and when you’re ready, start shooting at your enemy.
Now, the laser tag game has two playing techniques. There’s the defensive technique and the attacking technique. In the defensive technique, you’ll need to be always on the move and if possible, you’ll need to run sideways to ensure that you’re not targeted by the enemy and hit. In case of an off-guard scenario, simply turn sideways to make it hard for your opponent to hit the sensor.
In the attack technique, you’ll need to focus on a couple of things. First, you need to sharpen your shooting accuracy to ensure that you’re able to aim and hit your enemy when an opportunity occurs. Also, you need to study your weapon very carefully to know when to switch your weapons and to know the number of lives you’ve got when playing.
In today’s generation, kids and teenagers alike are more interested in playing indoor computer games and videogames as these games are fun and more enticing. Thankfully, with the advancement in technology, creative techniques have emerged where modern games have been extracted from Smartphones and computers and into the real world.
One of these is the best laser tag guns game. These small marvels of creativity have managed to provide hours of unlimited fun to kids of all ages. These blasters are safe in terms of the construction and infrared emissions making them the best for kids.
In our just concluded guide, we’ve discussed 15 of the best laser tag blasters to consider for 2020. We’ve also discussed some useful tips you’ll need to consider when making your choice to avoid messing up on the way.
Therefore, if you’ve read this guide up to this point, then you have every reason to feel confident as you usher your kids into this world of endless fun.