Last Updated on
Are you looking for the best reading glasses, but you do not know where to begin? It is a tough task when looking through all the choices across stores, online shops, and local businesses. With colors, sizes, and prescription options, there is a lot to think through.
Reading glasses have been around for a lot longer than you might think. Dating back to the 13th Century, lenses were glass-blown by hand to help people see. The frames were made of leather or wood for stability purposes. The glasses sat upon a person’s nose to help magnify objects, but a hand would have to hold them in place. As the technology got better, in the 1700s, individuals had glasses that would become hands-free, as temples extended over the ears.
10 Best Reading Glasses: Our Recommendation
|1. GAMMA RAY 003 Anti-UV Glare|
|2. ThinOptics Reading Glasses|
|3. Reading Glasses 2 Pair Black and Gunmetal Readers|
|4. Kerecsen 5 Pairs Fashion Ladies Reading Glasses|
|5. Reading Glasses Set of 4 Black Quality Readers|
|6. TIJN Blue Light Blocking Glasses|
|7. ANRRI Blue Light Blocking Computer Glasses|
|8. DOUBLETAKE 2 Pairs Slim Compact Pocket Readers|
|9. ThinOptics Reading Glasses + Keychain Case|
|10. Black Quality Readers Spring Hinge Glasses|
Today, reading glasses are popular for a variety of ages and come in a plethora of sizes. Check out the buying guide that will help you find high-quality reading glasses and fishing sunglasses in the 21st Century.
- Top 10 Best Reading Glasses Reviews:
- 1. GAMMA RAY 003 Anti-UV Glare
- 2. ThinOptics Reading Glasses + Black Universal Pod Case
- 3. Reading Glasses 2 Pair Black and Gunmetal Readers
- 4. Kerecsen 5 Pairs Fashion Ladies Reading Glasses
- 5. Reading Glasses Set of 4 Black Quality Readers
- 6. TIJN Blue Light Blocking Glasses
- 7. ANRRI Blue Light Blocking Computer Glasses for Anti-Eyestrain
- 8. DOUBLETAKE 2 Pairs Slim Compact Pocket Readers
- 9. ThinOptics Reading Glasses + Keychain Case
- 10. Reading Glasses Set of 4 Black Quality Readers Spring Hinge Glasses
- 11. FEIYOLD Blue Light Blocking Glasses
- 12. Peepers Women’s Center Stage Focus Blue Light Filtering Eyewear
- 13. Prospeck Premium Computer Reading Glasses
- 14. Blue Blocking Amber Glasses for Sleep
- 15. Chemion Customizable Bluetooth LED Glasses
- 16. Firmoo Blue Light Blocking Glasses
- 17. J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Computer Reading/Gaming Glasses
- Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying A Reading Glass
- Types of Glasses: Reading Glasses Vs. Other Glasses
- Why Should You Use Reading Glasses?
- How to Clean Reading Glasses
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Reading Glasses
Top 10 Best Reading Glasses Reviews:
1. GAMMA RAY 003 Anti-UV Glare
The GAMMA RAY computer reading glasses are an amazing way to start our list. These glasses are made of plastic frames and lens that are non-polarized. With a lens width of 53 millimeters, there is plenty to look through for a great range of vision.
Each package includes one pair of GAMMA RAY glasses. These computer glasses have tinted amber lenses to work against eyestrain from the digital world. Harmful light can enter the eyes causing major damage over time, but these lenses protect you from these negative elements. UV400 protection keeps glare aware and fluorescent light from ruining your day. This is perfect if you use the computer for long hours of work, gaming, or surfing the Internet.
These best portable reading glasses are lightweight and flexible to take on severe wear and tear. This casual frame is stylish and professional, but cool enough to get your online gaming on.
The magnifying power of these glasses is unparalleled. From 19 inches away, a person can see well with these reading glasses. For a tablet or smartphone, 12 to 18 inches away from these devices will be seen perfectly with the GAMMA RAY glasses.
- 90 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Lifetime warranty on the frames and lenses
- RX-compatible if prescription lenses want to be added
- Can be used by children up to adults
- Tint does not alter the perception of color
- Overnight shipping option
2. ThinOptics Reading Glasses + Black Universal Pod Case
Another pair of best quality non-prescription reading glasses comes from ThinOptics. They create a verified design that is sold by ThinOptics and Amazon. Each purchase includes the ThinOptics reading glasses and the Universal Pod case. The case uses an adhesive stick to add itself to a phone case or other flat surface for convenience sake.
The reading glasses are made of polycarbonate that is optical-grade worthy, which many prescription glasses use as well. With shatterproof technology, you will have a hard time breaking these lenses. Also, the glasses are as thin as a debit card and don’t weight more than a nickel.
A titanium alloy bridge is indestructible, as well as ultra flexible. With Flex-fit nose pads will work with these glasses. A stable grip will hold high up on the bridge of the nose or down low.
There are some neat style options if you choose to take advantage of them. The case can come in black or white, while the frames can be in red, black, blue, brown, clear, and purple. Looking for diverse lens strength options? ThinOptics sells their glasses in 1.00, 1.50, 2.00, and 2.50 strength varieties.
- ThinOptics offers a replacement for broken glasses
- Excellent customer service
- Comfortable feel on the nose
- Meant for close-range work
- Great if you are far-sighted
- No arms for irritation around the ears
- Easy to take them on and off
3. Reading Glasses 2 Pair Black and Gunmetal Readers
The best reading glasses review needs to have these as a choice. As a unisex option, these glasses are non-polarized. They also have magnification strengths from 0.75 x to 3.5 x assortments. So, depending on your current eyesight, these glasses cater to you and your needs.
These folding reading glasses come in two pairs: black and gunmetal. With this convenience in mind, you will always have a pair of glasses when you need them most. This means you can keep a pair for reading, and use one when you are out on the go. If you lose one, you will always have a backup. 2 for 1 really is the way to go here.
The glasses are made to last day after day, and they are lightweight enough that they will not hold you down. Each purchase includes the glasses and a plastic carrying case. However, do not buy these if you are looking to replace them with prescription lenses because they will not be compatible.
- Very sturdy design and construction
- Perfect for short period use
- Replacement options are available with this company
- Lenses will not get scratched, even though they are made of glass
- Glasses help to see better within 2 to 2 and ½ feet
- Can be covered if you have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Great stability that will not fall off your face
4. Kerecsen 5 Pairs Fashion Ladies Reading Glasses
Some of the best reading glasses are right here from Kerecsen. These reading glasses for the ladies come in pairs of 5. That’s right, you heard that correctly. So, if you break or lose a pair, you will still have plenty to go around. You could put a pair in the car, next to your bedside, or safety at the office. The options are almost endless.
In 5 different colors (blue, brown, gray, mixed colors, purple, and red), you can stay stylish, too. With lens strength form 0.5 to 6.0 diopters, you truly have options when picking the right glasses for you.
The Kerecsen glasses are constructed of plastic lens and frames that are non-polarized. With lens measurements of 2.13 inches for the width, 1.06 inches for the height, 0.75 inches for the bridge, and 5.51 inches for the arms, these glasses work for any face size.
Every purchase comes with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee that includes a 90-Day Money Back Guarantee. Additionally, if anything breaks in the first year, there is a 1-Year Manufacturer Defect Warranty. This gives every consumer the opportunity to try these glasses without any risk to them. If they do not like the glasses, they can ship them back without any questions asked.
- Classic frame design
- Perfect for men as well
- Comfortable bridge fit
- Great for adults and the elderly
- No chemical smell with these glasses
5. Reading Glasses Set of 4 Black Quality Readers
Some best reader glasses come in the form of this next product. These reading glasses are great for men and women, as they look to see the world more clearly. This product, from Success Eyewear, has magnification strength options from 0.75 to 4.0 x. They can’t be mixed and matched, but one strength preference should do the trick for most people. Made with plastic lens and frames, these non-polarized glasses will last as long as you need them. With a lens width of 51 millimeters, these glasses contour to any face.
In every purchase, you will not receive 1 pair, but rather 4 pairs to use to your heart’s content. This is a huge value for a superior product. With its classes shape, these quality readers are suitable for all ages and are durable enough to withstand punishment. They are classy, too, so you do not have to be afraid to use them amongst your peers.
With blue-light blocking technology, you can use these glasses when working on a computer, tablet, smartphone, etc. This way, your vision will not be damaged over time, but rather protected for more years than you thought humanly possible. Not a bad way to spend your money.
- Spring hinges are perfect for easy on and off
- Inexpensive option
- Excellent company recognition
- Better than dollar store selections
- Reimburse if you have an FSA
- Provide stellar clarity
- Economical design
6. TIJN Blue Light Blocking Glasses
TIJN makes some of the best folding reading glasses on the market today. Not only are they well-constructed, using plastic frames and composite lenses, but they are fashionable, too. These non-polarized glasses measure out at 53 millimeters for the width, 53 millimeters for the lenses, 15 millimeters for the bridge, and 140 millimeters for the arms, allowing for amazing delineation to an individual’s face.
Being constructed out of plastic creates a lightweight model that is also abrasion-resistant. Furthermore, with limited friction, your eyes will be protected every time you use them. Blue-light blocking tech adds a slight yellow tint to block 100% of harmful UV rays. These glasses are great outdoors, watching television, or looking at a computer screen.
If you are not completely satisfied with these glasses, you can return them back to TIJN within 30 days for your money back. TIJN does this because they believe you will be hooked to their product within a month’s time.
These elegant glasses will really take your breath away, and you will want to wear them as much as possible. Who knows? You may want to buy a few more to add to your collection.
- Protects against blurry vision, horrid eyestrain, and painful headaches
- Using these during the day will help you sleep better
- Prescription lenses can be added
- Can be easily cleaned
- Glasses are quite reflective
- Frames are translucent in nature
7. ANRRI Blue Light Blocking Computer Glasses for Anti-Eyestrain
Looking for the best men’s reading glasses? You have come to the right place with this product. ANRRI glasses can almost cut blue light completely away. With as much as 90% blue light kept out with these glasses, you will not experience eye fatigue or dry vision.
Moreover, you do not have to be concerned with the amount of screen time you are getting per day. Blurred vision and headaches will not happen with these glasses. Also, if you are looking for better ways to sleep at night, these glasses will help. By blocking out negative light during the day, you won’t be seeing light, as you fall asleep. A great sleep could be on the horizon with these glasses.
The lenses for ANRRI glasses are made from polycarbonate, while the frames are made from plastic. This allows for a stable creation of glasses. With a lifetime warranty, ANRRI believes in its product and so should you. Since 2014, ANRRI has built professional glasses that block blue light. Created to battle the digital age, people are starting to see why ANRRI is a cut above the rest.
- FSA can pay for these glasses depending on your insurance
- Glasses come in the color leopard
- Stylish, yet functional
- Great customer service personnel
- ANRRI will swap glasses if you need a different size
- Purchase includes a blue light tester
- An affordable option to purchase
8. DOUBLETAKE 2 Pairs Slim Compact Pocket Readers
We all know what a double-take is, right? It’s when you look at something, but you have to look back because you are surprised or amazed by something. Well, these DOUBLETAKE glasses will definitely make you double-take.
With two pairs for the price of one, these glasses have a magnification strength for you to choose from 1.0 to 4.0 x. Constructed as metal frames, with plastic lenses, these non-polarized options will help you like never before.
Each purchase includes 2 pen clip cases and 2 pairs of glasses. The slim design is perfect for storage that will be hardly noticeable to the human eye. Additionally, the great style of these glasses is perfect for any man or woman, making this option some of the best portable reading glasses for you to purchase.
In the event that you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, DOUBLETAKE can be contacted directly. Also, you will receive your money back within 90 days of purchase. If your glasses do break in the first two years, there is a manufacturer’s warranty as well. This will give you peace of mind with your purchase.
- Come in colors of black, brown, blue, and pink
- Case liner prevents scratches on DOUBLETAKE glasses
- Springy, hinge earpieces for added comfort
- Adds clarity to every wearer
- Perfect to store in shirt or pants pocket
- Inexpensive price for great quality
9. ThinOptics Reading Glasses + Keychain Case
Who knew that reading glasses could fit on a keychain? Well, ThinOptics made this dream a reality. They can be purchased on Amazon or through the ThinOptics sight direction, ensuring real glasses, instead of counterfeit ones. These glasses are also easy-to-use, and just as simple to store.
With flexible construction, these glasses will fit safely in the keychain case, so you can bring them around wherever you go. The lenses are phenomenal because they are made from polycarbonate, which is the type of grade that many optometrists use. Furthermore, you can expect these glasses not to shatter because of the kind of product this is.
Weighing less than a nickel, and as then as a few debit cards, you will not be dragging around a massive pair of glasses. Rather, you will have sleek optics for you to enjoy, as the compliments from others start flowing in.
The nitinol bridge, which fits across your nose, is 10 times as flexible as the standard steel springs. This way, you will wear a product that is comfortable and will last for years to come.
- 4 magnifications ranging from 1.0 to 2.5
- Frame colors come in black, red, purple, clear, blue and brown
- The case comes in black or silver
- Glasses weigh less than 3 ounces
- The keychain case will keep your glasses safely snug inside
- Free lifetime replacement warranty
- Can wear these glasses over or under other regular glasses
10. Reading Glasses Set of 4 Black Quality Readers Spring Hinge Glasses
The best reading glasses review would not be complete without these reading glasses. With every purchase, you will receive 4 pairs of classy glasses to help you read better like never before. They come in a few color groups: shiny black, black and transparent, and black and Havana. Additionally, you can choose a magnification assist that works best for you between 0.75 and 4.0 x. This way, you will have the best opportunity for your eyes to function properly.
Constructed of plastic frames and lenses, these reading glasses are non-polarized. They fit on any face type because of its lens width is 51 millimeters. So, you can keep a pair in the kitchen, the workshop, and the bedroom, while still having one to spare. Tons of options are allowed for these glasses.
Age is not a factor with these glasses either. Children up to the elderly can use these glasses to perfection. They last because of the spring hinge design that is durable, even if the glasses are mistreated. Go outside your home, and see all the people who will be asking how you like your glasses. Then, you can give them your quality answer.
- The frame size of 5 inches
- Great for every room in the house
- Magnification better than expected
- Super easy to fix
- Sturdy construction and build
- Lightweight by not causing the face pain
- Stylish for any occasion
11. FEIYOLD Blue Light Blocking Glasses
If you are looking for the best Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved glasses, you should check these out. As a perfect option for preventing eyestrain, these computer gaming options come in a pack of 2 for you to enjoy. With four color options (black/crystal, black/leopard, black/purple, and leopard/purple), you can look stylish the way you want to look.
Since prolonged exposure to light can cause some serious issues, these glasses will protect you against blurred vision, eye fatigue, and headaches. Even in a few days, you will be well on your way to feeling better with the help of these glasses. The worst blue light will be no match for these glasses.
Construction for these glasses is an amazing sight to see as well. With transparent lenses that block 99% of blue light, expect these glasses to be high transmittant with perfect balance wherever you go. The frame is TR90 construction, so there will be no stress on the nose either.
- Be able to sleep better with these glasses
- Very economical purchase
- Comes with worry-free service
- No risk to try because of a money-back guarantee
- Limits headaches
- Glasses only weigh 6.4 ounces
12. Peepers Women’s Center Stage Focus Blue Light Filtering Eyewear
Women’s eyewear has never been so wonderful before. With 17 color choices and 6 magnification strengths, from 0x to 3x, you have options galore with this product. An imported model like this does not come around every day. The polycarbonate frame and plastic lens are a sight to see, along with non-polarized lenses to boot.
Another thing you will love about these glasses is the fact they use 100% ultraviolet (UV) protection that is 400 strength. There is even a coating that is anti-scratch. If you have prescription lenses, you can even implement them in these glasses. The design from Peepers is rare indeed, so take in these one-of-a-kind models. Glasses like these will not be an accessory for very long. Soon, they will become a part of you.
With the average person taking in 6 to 11 hours of blue light per day, it is imperative to get these glasses to protect yourself. You will thank yourself this year and in the years to come.
- Lens height is just over 55 millimeters (mm)
- The lens width is 51.6 mm
- Eye strain is reduced by 40%
- Uses 7-layer protection
- Limits glare away from screens
- Take away dry eyes
- You will find yourself having more energy
13. Prospeck Premium Computer Reading Glasses
Professional Prospeck glasses are in your grasp with great blocking blue light technology. With magnification levels from 0x to 3x, there truly is an option available for your needs. In red and black or gray, you can find a color that meets your style. Remember that you should not be a cheapskate when it comes to a glasses purchase. These glasses luckily do not fall in the cheap-looking category. They are worth every penny you spend, but will not break the bank.
People will love your pair of unisex glasses, and you will not have to squint because of harsh blue and yellow light. Talk about ultimate protection. By reducing eyestrain and migraine, say goodbye to dry eyes and say hello to clear vision without any problems at all.
With a lifetime warranty, you can love these glasses for life. They even come with a gift box, if you are looking to buy a pair for a friend or family member after you enjoy them.
- Made with anti-scratch technology
- Will not have any glare or reflection issues
- Come fingerprint resistant
- Blocks any kind of rays
- The lens is made from polycarbonate material
- Only weigh 15 grams (g)
14. Blue Blocking Amber Glasses for Sleep
Looking for some sporty eyewear? Then, these frames have your back. With BioRhythm Safe technology, this eyewear for the nighttime is the very best you can get in this category. The orange tint allows you to rest your eyes like you never thought possible. Also, you will sleep better than ever before.
With the help fo clear and bright lenses, no blue light will pass into your eyes. These lenses are not polarized or carry a dark tint, so you will not even know you have the glasses on. Made with thermoplastic, these frames are flexible and lightweight enough for you to move them around as you wish.
The wraparound fit is another element you will appreciate with these glasses. By being FDA approved, this is nothing these glasses will not do for you. Take the UV ray blockage for example. No harmful rays from 280 to 490 nm will get in the way of your vision. Even from 450 to 510 nm, 99.82% of blue light will go by the wayside.
- Made by Zendustries, Inc.
- Give relief to burnt-out eyes
- Only weighs 0.8 ounces
- Comes in the color black
- Available with clip-on
- Will not cost you an arm and a leg
15. Chemion Customizable Bluetooth LED Glasses
Now, these glasses are truly a riot. If you are wanting to design awesome words on your glasses, you can do this over and over again with the help of an app on your phone. This product is ideal for parties, costumes, raves, and so much more. With the help of animation drawings, you will love your glasses, but so will your friends.
Bluetooth also helps customized your words to perfections. With the help of iOS 7 or Android 4.4 or newer, your creation will take you no time at all. The glasses will light up like a flame, presenting your message for all to see.
The glasses are also extremely lightweight. You can fold them up when you are done, and they also have a memory card built-in, powered by AAA batteries.
- Batteries come with your purchase
- Receiver a travel case and rubber band to hold your glasses together
- User manual makes these glasses work simply
- The app can be downloaded for free on Google Play or the App Store
- Uses 210 LED units
- Batteries last up to 8 hours
- The glasses only weigh 7 ounces
16. Firmoo Blue Light Blocking Glasses
Still looking for some quality blue light blockers? Well, these vintage glasses may tickle your fancy. As sensational cat-eye computer reading options, you can even magnify them if you want (from 0x to 3x). Also, these glasses come in 5 amazing colors: black, clear, pattern, pattern red, and tortoise.
With an acetate frame and lens that will not reflection, you are going to love these glasses as soon as you buy them. Built by Firmoo Optical, a brand since 2009, you can trust them knowing they have been in business for over a decade. They even have a state-of-the-art magnification chart to fit it with certain age ranges.
- The lens height is a 40 and the bridge is a 16
- Spring hinges are included with these glasses
- Take away blue light from iPads, phones, and computers
- Comes with a cleaning cloth, plastic case, and a 90-day warranty
- Glasses are a lifetime warranty material if there are defects
- Help prevent headaches
- You will sleep better like never before
17. J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Computer Reading/Gaming Glasses
The last glasses on this list come to you from J+S. This brand has the most complete styles and colors of any option on the list. But, ultimately, they are here to protect your precious eyes from harm. Any device that gives off blue light (TVs, computers, smartphones, etc.) can make your eyes sore and dry. However, if you have these glasses, this investment will pay off for you immediately. You could even prevent muscular degeneration from happening.
With high-definition (HD) lenses, there are tons to love about this product. Lastly, with a low distortion lens to combat color, males and females can use these glasses year after year. The yellowy amber lenses are the way to go in the 21st Century and beyond.
- Uses 7 layer technology for stellar protection
- Blocks 90% of bad rays
- Helps improve sleep
- Limits headaches
- Can have magnified options if you are looking for more focus
- Small adjustment period
- Ideal for people who work on computers 8 plus hours per day
Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying A Reading Glass
Now that you know the best reader glasses options money can buy, it is time to consider what to look for when purchasing the right ones for you. Before you even begin the reading glasses search, you need to understand what you need. A good place to start is an eye exam.
1. Eye Exam
If you have been noticing the letters on the page are hard to seem or your computer screen is blurry, it is probably time for an eye exam. An eye exam can help to answer the questions as to why you are squinting when reading the fine print. Usually, this begins around the age of 40. The joke is that people will be diagnosed with “short arm syndrome” or “over 40 syndromes,” but this truly is a much bigger issue among people these days. Because of the digital age, people are getting younger and younger when needing extra help with spectacles.
Excessive computer users are often diagnosed with a condition called presbyopia, which is an eye condition where the ability to focus on nearer objects starts to get harder and harder. The same can be said with avid readers who are not getting any younger.
2. Consider Your Options
Individuals who see an optometrist can really start to see what is going wrong or right with their eyes, and this can start the conversation about glasses, maybe even reading specifically. While you are in for a visit, your optometrist may say you are fine, look into some reading glasses, get contacts, or let’s prescribe you some glasses.
If glasses are what you need, there are many choices over-the-counter (OTC) in a variety of colors and styles to fit you and who you are. The strength of OTC readers is the same for both eyes. They also can be mixed and matched if you are needed different power in each eye. If your eyes do not have what they need, you could end up with worse eyestrain than before. Also, OTC options do not fix astigmatism, which is constant blurry vision, or nearsightedness. You will need a prescription pair for that.
3. Knowing the Strength You Need
Your optometrist can definitely push you in the direction you need to find the best glasses magnification you need. However, there are tests that you can do on your own as well. Look some up on the Internet and print them out for you to use. Do not ever try to use a chart on a computer screen because resolutions from computers to computers vary. You will not get an accurate reading.
When you do put a paper copy up on the wall, you should stand 14 inches away and read without glass. When you come to a line that you have difficulty reading, this is where you can put that number down for the type of reading glasses that you need. The further up the chart you can read, the less diopter score you will get, but you will get a high focus score. However, if you have trouble reading the bottom line, then will you receive a low focus score, but a stronger diopter score. This is crucial for finding the best quality non-prescription reading glasses.
4. Look into OTC Readers
At this point, if you optometrist thinks your problem is not dire enough for prescription glasses, then OTC glasses are for you. You can buy them at your local drugstore or online. This ultimately is up to you and how you’re living your buying life. Do you like to be out and about, or would you rather shop from the safe confines of your home?
Types of Glasses: Reading Glasses Vs. Other Glasses
These options are task-specific. They can be used for computer or reading use. To help personalize these glasses, an optometrist will use the distance between your eyes and the task to help find the best fit. High-quality reading glasses can really do wonders if you fall into this category.
Glasses like these are helpful for people who are dealing with either near-sided or being far-sided. People who wear these glasses get to see a broader field of vision. Most help with eyesight up to 18 inches.
People start to use these glasses when they get into their 40s and 50s. They specifically help correct presbyopia and give three separate vision options in one single lens. Progressive lenses help see the world in a natural way. To use progressive lenses to your advantage, you have to move your head up to see visions that are farsighted, look down for reading and computer work, and look forward to a mid-range view of the world. Lastly, you will notice no lines visually in the lenses.
By using two separate prescription options, bifocals only use one lens. Whether you are nearsighted or farsighted, these glasses work wonders for both. Vision is enhanced by 12 to 18 inches for nearsightedness and a minimum of 21 inches for farsightedness. With a clean visual, you can see the line in bifocal lenses. Specifically, bifocal sunglasses are great in the summertime, so you can get beautiful sunrises off in the distance, and when reading a book up close and personal.
Three prescriptions fall into one pair of trifocals. The top sees distance, the bottom is up the close vision, and the middle shows distances from 18 to 24 inches ahead. Just like bifocals, there is a lens line between the different prescriptions.
Why Should You Use Reading Glasses?
There are a few reasons to why you should use some of the best folding reading glasses. First, a lot of reading glasses on the market today are custom made. Individuality shines through with every pair. This makes reading glasses a socially “cool” option than ever before.
Additionally, reading glasses have a coating that is anti-reflective. With this coating, the best men’s reading glasses are able to keep eyes from straining. Eyestrain can be a very painful experience, where it may keep you from using your eye properly. This could lead to even worse problems if you do not get the problem checked out.
Photochromic lenses are another reason why you should use some of the best reading glasses around. These lenses are perfect if you are out in the sun, and are looking for ways to keep UV rays away from your eyes. Lenses with this protection automatically darken when you step out the door. Furthermore, these lenses are great to keep blue light away from your eyes, too, whenever you are on digital devices.
Progressive lenses are also an important feature of reading glasses. If you are not in need of a prescription, these glasses can be your best friend. They can work in the form of reading glasses, and help people who multitask, moving around from space to space.
The last reason you should use reading glasses is they can help you sleep better at night. Sure, you will not be wearing your glasses to bed, but they are valuable in keeping harmful light out from your eyes. In turn, your eyes don’t send crazy light messages to the brain keeping you up at night.
How to Clean Reading Glasses
If you are looking for ways to wash your reading glasses, here are a few things to know.
Step 1: Wash and dry off your hands first. People may not think to do this to start the process, but human hands can have a lot of gunk on them. This way, it will not get on your glasses at the start.
Step 2: Next, turn on a gentle flow of lukewarm water that you can rinse your glasses under. This will immediately wash away debris or dust that may be sitting on your glasses. Make sure you are not using hot water because this can really damage any coating that is on your best reading glasses.
Step 3: Add lotion-free dishwashing soap to each lens of your best reading glasses. Make sure to only use a tiny amount of this. A good trick is placing a drop on your figure to add to your glasses. Also, do not use liquids will hand moisturizers for this process either.
Step 4: Rub the liquid into each lens for a couple of seconds. Even clean the nose pads and the arms of the glasses. Really, all places on your glasses can accumulate oils from the skin and other dirt and grime.
Step 5: Rinse the glasses again, so no soap is left. If any soap remains on the glasses, this could lead to smearing when dry.
Step 6: To remove any excess water, jiggle the glasses around carefully to make sure your glasses are crystal clear and clean.
Step 7: Use a towel that is lent-free to dry your glasses. A dishtowel can also work if it has not been cleaned with fabric softener before. Cotton towels are also a great alternative, too. Make sure that your towel is clean because there is nothing worse than a dirt towel ruining the glasses that you have already cleaned.
Step 8: Lastly, check out your lenses and see if they are good to go. If you still see some dirty spots, it may be time to backtrack to some steps to clean them fully.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Reading Glasses
Q-1: How safe is it to wear reading glasses every hour of every day?
- The premise of reading glasses is to use them to magnify what you are looking at. Only use them when you need this magnification help. Also, you should not use reading glasses when looking at things far off n the distance. This may cause harmful eyestrain to occur.
Q-2: Instead of a prescription, can I try out reading glasses as an alternative?
- If your optometrist has not given you a prescription for reading glasses, then you should be good to go with reading glasses. They are a great way of working up to glasses if you are in need of prescription lenses in the future. However, if you already are using prescription glasses, it is best that you do not swap them for reading glasses. Prescription glasses will correct problems, but reading glasses do not.
Q-3: What exactly are reading glasses?
- Reading glasses are perfect to help people who are losing their eyesight over time. These glasses make things bigger and easier to see, which helps limit headaches and eyestrain in the process. Ultimately, they help your eyes out a great deal, allowing them not to work as hard.
Q-4: What are the best frame options for me?
- When picking a frame, it really comes down to what you like and the style you have. Of course, some will look better than others based on the contour of your face. With most reading glass companies, there is a fit guide that can help you along. Also, some companies allow you to purchase their product and use them. If the product does not fit, you can return the product free of charge and try another size option.
Q-5: Can I replace reading lenses with prescription lenses?
- This question really varies from company to company. Check with the customer’s service of the glasses you are looking at, and see. The truth of the matter is some do and some do not.
As we wrap up our time talking about the best reading glasses, remember to pick a product that works for you and your lifestyle. Nothing is worse than picking the wrong glasses that don’t mix with who you are as a person. Take your time in the process weighing and pros and cons. This way, you will be happy with your purchase and your eyes will thank you as well.